PLEASE REPORT YOUR STUDENT'S ABSENCE!
All absences must be reported to the school within 72 hours.
You can report this absence in any of the following ways:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Call (925) 682-8000, extension 7060
- Send a note to your teacher and/or the office
Attendance is critical to student success. One day out is equivalent to approximately 2 days of lost instruction. Keep your children at home if they are truly ill, otherwise, please make your best effort to get your children to school on time, every day! Start good habits early!
Early Birds: 7:45 am to 11:05 am
Late Birds: 9:30 am to 12:50 pm
Grades 1 to 5
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays
7:45 am to 2:20 pm
7:45 am to 1:00 pm
Mrs. Nancy Klinkner
Mrs. Jill Kimack
Mrs. Kim Sutton
Happy New Year Wildcat Community!
We are starting the new year off with a bang! We have lots of exciting things happening on campus:
- Our Student Council is up and running, thanks to our coordinators, Ms. Leatherman and Ms. Johnston. We had a strong field of candidates running for the Council, who boldly campaigned and delivered well-prepared speeches. Our students had tough choices to make when presented with the ballots! Congratulations to our winners: President-Nico Bushnell, Vice-President-Daniel Araujo, Secretary-Angelina Ramirez, and Treasurer-Justin Chico!
- Ms. Bradley’s 5th grade class has started exploring the area of robotics through Project Lead the Way (Next up: Ms. Johnston’s class, and beyond!).
- The 5th grade students recently floated out on the Delta on the Brownlee research vessel!
- On 1/11, we held Street Smarts assemblies to remind students how to be safe while out on their bikes, scooters, skates, and skateboards. Wear those helmets, kids!
- Our newest shipment of Chromebooks has arrived, and will soon be distributed to the 3rd-5th grade classrooms. This should allow our K-2 students to access the Computer Lab more often.
- On Tuesday, 1/17, our 4th graders will be participating in a “Walk Through California” history event.
- STEM Day is coming up this Friday, 1/20, all of our students will be taking turns rotating through various STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) related activity stations run by El Dorado Middle School students. Along the same lines, our own students are preparing their own STEM projects for display at Westwood’s STEM Fair to be held on February 16th.
During the month of January, students will also be taking the 2nd i-Ready Diagnostic assessment of the year. This assessment will help us to see how each student is progressing on a broad range of skills in the areas of Reading and Mathematics. Students are in the process of setting goals and completing i-Ready lessons in preparation for the Diagnostic test. Remember, students can extend their practice at home. The program recommends that students spend at least 45 minutes per week on each subject in order to get the full benefit of this online system. Go to www.login.i-ready.com . Your teacher will have your child’s username and password (although most students have memorized them by now).
Last but not least, I’d like to extend a special thanks to our volunteers:
- Cristina Clark coordinated our Scholastic Book Fair in December, and a team of volunteers helped to keep it open every day after school, and on multiple evenings. Your efforts are greatly appreciated! The Book Fair is always a very popular event with the students, encourages reading, and also helps raise funds to support our school’s library.
- Angie Bushnell coordinated a special luncheon for our staff, with an array of delicious soups and salads. Thanks also to all of the parents who contributed! We enjoyed it all!
All the best to you all in the new year!
Nancy Klinkner, Principal
- Intradistrict Transfer Lottery 2017-2018 (for Kindergarten)
- For a valid Kindergarten Intradistrict Application the student must be enrolled in their school of residence.
- Intradistrict Transfer Period: February 7, 2017 – March 1, 2017
- Intradistrict Transfer Lottery 2017-2018 (for Grades 1- 12)
- Intradistict Transfer Period: October 17, 20176– January 17, 2017
Public Lottery for grades K-5
Date: April 13, 2017
Time: 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Location: DENT Center – Board Room
Public Lottery for grades 6-12
Date: February 13, 2017
Time: 10 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: DENT Center – Board Room
Use this link to the Student Services webpage for more information and all forms:
Community Services & Events