Westwood Elementary's mission is to provide all student with high quality, equitable, and engaging instruction that ensures high levels of personal achievement and develops a strong educational foundation that inspires a lifelong love of learning and prepares students for success in college or post-secondary education in the 21st century.
Be Safe. Be Respectful. Be Responsible.
Westwood Elementary, established in 1957, is a K-5 public school in the Mt. Diablo Unified School District. We have an enrollment of approximately 240 students. In addition to our 8 General Education classrooms, we have 2 classrooms hosting students in our Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing program, and 2 classrooms for students with extensive learning and developmental needs. We have a diverse and caring community, with a dedicated staff and amazing students!
Westwood is proud to be part of the El Dorado Middle School and Concord High School feeder pattern.
Our Westwood community believes in:
- Joy - creating a school environment that is a fun and happy place to grow and learn!
- Inclusivity - highlighting the unique gifts that each individual contributes to our community.
- Unity - working together as a community to support our students.
- Diversity - respecting and celebrating each student's individual rights, beliefs, customs, and differences in a culturally responsive environment.
- Equity & Justice - removing barriers and providing each student the resources they need to achieve their goals and close the opportunity gap
- Integrity - making decisions that reflect our common Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Excellence - ensuring that all students achieve at high levels.
- Engagement - involving all stakeholders in actively contributing to our student's educational experience.
- Perseverance - fostering a "growth mindset" to help students understand that we don't know everything yet, that it is okay to struggle, and that working hard on the right things will help us achieve our goals.
We strive to work with our families and community to provide a safe, nurturing, joyful, and inclusive learning environment in which each student is given what they need to thrive academically, socially, and emotionally. We envision our scholars demonstrating safe, respectful, and responsible behavior that contributes to their development as: collaborators, critical and creative thinkers, confident and curious learners, courteous and productive citizens, and effective communicators.
I am a smart, special, and valuable person. I respect myself, and I respect others. My words and actions are kind and honest. I accept only my best in all I do. I am proud to be me!